Conference entitled "Geoarchaeology Day" took place at the Faculty of Geology, University of Warsaw, on 23 November 2011.
The initiator of the meeting was Scientific Association of Applied Geology and the Environment from Faculty of Geology (University of Warsaw).
The organizers were:
- Faculty of Geology, University of Warsaw;
- National Multidisciplinary Laboratory of Functional Nanomaterials NanoFun - project POIG.02.02.00-00-025/09.
The main aim of the conference was determination of the relations between two sciences: geology and archaeology.
The participants of the meeting were:
- sciences from the Faculty of Geology and the Faculty of Physics from University of Warsaw;
- sciences from the Institute of Fundamental Technological Research, PAS;
- sciences from the Institute of Electronic Materials Technology;
- students from Scientific Associations from: Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University, University of Warsaw (Faculty of History, Faculty of Geology, Faculty of Archaeology) and Mikołaj Kopernik University in Toruń.